Meet the Blogger, Melody Wright
Birthday: February 4, 1997
Main occupation: Social media content creator & part-time sales associate
Hometown: Oceanside, CA
Current location: Oceanside, CA
Favourite place to relax: The beach!
1. Hey Melly, we know you grew up by the beach. What was that like, and what is your favourite thing to do there?
Yes I sure did! It was honestly the best, the first house I ever lived in was no joke, one block from the beach. My favourite thing to do there is to lay under the warm sun and when I start to get a little too warm, I love to jump in the ocean for a swim.
2. Describe your life in one sentence:
My life is simple, hardworking, and consists of a lot of dream chasing.
3. On Instagram, it says that you live in a RV with the love of your life! What’s the hardest part about living in a RV?
The hardest part has to be fitting all of my stuff in it! If you ask my boyfriend that would be his same response too! Most van-lifers and tiny home people are very minimalistic, and as much as I’d like to be, I’m not.
I have a way oversized collection of bikinis, and notebooks, and always getting packages sent in the mail means there are a lot of shipping packages everywhere. Although our RV is pretty big, it’s still a small place that we carry our life in when most people have entire apartments.
4. Where are you headed on your journey in the RV? What places do you plan to visit?
Well, we have been pretty stationary in Oceanside ever since we moved into our RV. We used to live in a van that we did a lot more traveling in. Our RV is an older rig, and although it runs perfectly, we’re a bit hesitant to go far. We're actually planning on selling it, or may just purchase a second van that we can be more mobile in!
We love going to Oregon and we plan on seeing more of the states and all of the stunning places our country has to offer once we get another van!
5. You’re a model and a photographer. What are some of the biggest similarities and differences between the two? How do you transition?
The biggest similarity has to be the creative aspect. I love being part of the creative process on either side of the camera! The transition is really easy, I often shoot with my friends so I take turns on both sides of the camera.
6. How did you learn about photography?
I learned about photography from my boyfriend. Bryce has been a huge inspiration to me when it comes to photography and I always wanted to be able to shoot like him. At one point it was like a foreign language to me but he helped me learn it inside and out.
7. What’s your biggest piece of advice for someone who is looking to get into photography, modelling, or content creation?
My favourite thing to tell people is to set your goals, become determined of what you want and go for it. Your creativity will shine through, let others inspire you, but make your work your own!
8. What is something that is detrimental to your health and well-being?
I am obsessed with coconut oil. It goes into my hair, on my skin, and I will sometimes eat it as it has so many beneficial factors!
9. Do you go to college or university? If so what are you taking? If not, what is something you would like to learn about?
I am not in college or university and don’t really plan on it at the moment. Even though I’m not in school I love learning and always have! I love to select different topics that I don’t yet know about but know will be beneficial to my business and I make it a goal to learn about it every day!
10. What motto do you live your life by?
I have a few:
“Everything happens for a reason.”
“Simplicity is key.”
“If it’s meant to be, it’ll be.”
11. What is your biggest dream?
My biggest dream is to create a consistent life where my dreams become a reality.
12. What’s your biggest fear?
I honestly don’t know what my biggest fear is, I just trust that everything will work out no matter what. I try not to worry about things that haven’t happened yet.
13. Do you ever set goals? If so, how do you accomplish them?
I set goals every single day! I set daily goals, weekly goals, and monthly goals! I accomplish them by writing everything out, I love being able to see them on paper and look at them every day to remind me of why I am doing what I am doing!
14. What’s the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
The most beautiful thing I have ever seen was a moment of complete happiness. My boyfriend and I were in Oregon and the sun was already setting when we decided to go see our favourite waterfall. We drove there like crazy fast and by the time we got there, the sun was still slightly peeking over the pine trees. We had the entire massive waterfall to ourselves. Everything was silent except for the sound of the waterfall crashing down. I just remember the both of us running towards the fall and looking up with hardly any breath because we had ran all the way to it and it was freezing outside. But we just stared at the waterfall and it was just way too magical to describe. It’s a rare occurrence to have a waterfall to yourself!
15. What’s the best way to be kind to others?
The best way to be kind to others, is to just be kind for no reason, literally treat people the way you want to be treated.
16. What do you do when you’re stressed out?
When I’m stressed out, I get away from what is stressing me out. I get outside with my dog and I go for a walk to the beach.
17. What are you most excited for?
I’m most excited for the future, I literally get so overjoyed thinking about what’s to come!
18. What do you hope to accomplish by this time next year?
I hope to become 100% full time with my social media. I am a blogger and content creator and I do both of those things freelance as well as being a social media manager and freelance model.
1. Favourite old-school Disney show: Hannah Montana
2. Favourite go-to Nora Swimwear: The Drew top and bottom. Love the minimalistic design!
3. Favourite place to go on a date: The beach!
4. Favourite song ATM: Any song from the Sam Hunt Montevallo Album. Yes, I’m a country girl. Super random and no one would ever guess, but even though I was raised a block away from the beach I also grew up at the desert riding dirt bikes and at the ranch with my horse. I'm not afraid of getting dirty!
5. Favourite colour to wear: White or black! I love the basics against a tan!