Meet the Model, Jordyn
Birthday: August 15th, 1993
Dream celebrity date: James Franco
If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, wwib?: No Long Talks - Drake ft. Giggs
1. Hey Jordyn, where are you from and where did you grow up?
I was born and raised in Saint John, New Brunswick.
2. How did you first discover Nora Swimwear?
I discovered Nora while one of my friends was taking pictures for them.
3. We know you use to live in Australia, tell us about that. What were you doing and what was it like to live there?
I lived in Canberra, Australia which is the capital. Most people wonder why I chose to live there and not on the coast. I applied to be an au pair and I was more concerned with who I would be living with and not where I’d be living. I ended up with the best family I could have ever asked for. I looked after 3 kids and a dog. Australia was definitely my favourite place I’ve been to, I felt like I belonged there. It’s such a beautiful country and everyone was so welcoming and friendly. I HIGHLY recommend going!!
4. Tell us about your current job, what’s your favourite part about it?
I’m currently a Server at Grass Roots Grill, which is a restaurant located in Grandbay-Westfield at the Westfield Golf & Country Club.
My favourite part about my job is that it’s on a golf course. I recently started golfing and I’m now a member so it’s great that I can go golfing and then head straight to work.
5. What does a typical day off look like for you?
6. What are some goals that you’ve made for yourself and achieved?
a. Working out + eating healthy (taking care of myself)
b. Bringing my golf score down
7. What goals are you working on now?
a. Bringing my golf score under 100 (45% of golfers don’t score under 100)
b. Going to school within the next 2 years
8. What are your morning rituals?
I am not a morning person… when I wake up I’ll find myself laying in bed for at least an hour scrolling through Instagram/checking snapchat. But, when I finally make it out of bed I like to make myself breakfast and then have a shower.
9. What does body positivity mean to you?
Body positivity means loving your own body just the way it is, and also taking care of your body.
10. What are three things that people would be surprised to know about you?
My hair is my natural colour
I have two tattoos
I’m an only child
11. Do you ever get anxious? If so, how do you deal with it?
Yeah, definitely. I think we all do. When I do experience it, I just try to breathe and think positive thoughts but sometimes I’m not sure how to deal with it.
12. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done (if you’re willing to share!)
Bungy jumping in Costa Rica. I DO NOT RECOMMEND.
14. Who are the most important people in your life?
That’s a hard one, I’m just going to say my family + friends because there are too many.
15. How can we practice kindness?
Everyday, be kind. To yourself and everyone around you! Something simple like saying 'hi', or giving a compliment.
16. Where do you hope to see yourself in the next 5 years?
I’d love to have gone to school and hopefully be traveling/living somewhere else.
1. Favourite pump-up song:
Humble - Kendrick Lamar
2. Favourite gym day:
3. Favourite Nora Swimwear memory:
Coming into Ashley’s house for the first photoshoot with Nora and meeting some pretty amazing people who I am now friends with.
4. Favourite homemade treat:
5. Favourite city: